Learn What to Do After a Car Crash from an Experienced Macon Accident Lawyer
What should you do after being injured in a crash? What do you need to do in order to protect your rights under Georgia law? What are your immediate next steps, and what mistakes must you absolutely avoid? When should you hire a Macon accident lawyer to represent you?
If you have been involved in a car accident, these are all extremely important questions. If you skip steps or make mistakes, you could jeopardize your financial recovery. You need to make smart decisions, and you need to rely on the advice of an experienced accident attorney.
2 Key Aspects of Your Georgia Car Accident Claim
When seeking financial compensation after a car accident in Georgia, there are two key aspects of your claim. Here are some important tips for each aspect from our Macon accident lawyers:
1. Proving Fault in the Auto Accident
In order to file a successful insurance claim or third-party liability claim, you need proof of fault. As an accident victim, you should:
- Take lots of photos. Hopefully you took photos at the scene of the accident, but if not that’s okay. If you still have your car, take pictures of the damage. Take pictures of your injuries, and take pictures of any personal items that were damaged in the crash.
- Write down what you remember. Write down everything you can remember about the accident. Do this now, before your memory starts to fade. When you meet with an attorney, bring your notes so that you can provide as many details as possible.
- Hire a law firm to investigate. Conducting a prompt investigation could be critical to gathering the evidence needed to prove your claim. As a result, you should hire a Macon law firm as soon as possible.
2. Proving the Cause and Extent of Your Injuries and Losses with the Help of a Macon Accident Lawyer
In addition to proving fault, you also need to prove the cause and extent of your injuries. With this in mind, you should:
- See a doctor immediately. If you have not already seen a doctor, go to the emergency room or your local urgent care center. You need to have your injuries diagnosed as soon after the accident as possible.
- Follow your doctor’s advice. If you don’t follow your doctor’s advice, the insurance companies will accuse you of exacerbating your injuries. Take the time to recover so that this isn’t an issue in your case.
- Keep detailed records. Keep copies of all documentation you receive from the insurance companies and your health care providers. Be sure to record any days you miss from work, and try to keep a daily log of your pain levels and your injuries’ other impacts on your life.
Speak with a Macon Accident Lawyer for Free
When dealing with the aftermath of a serious car accident, there is no substitute for experienced legal representation. At Searcy Denney, our Macon accident lawyer has the experience you need to recover the financial compensation you deserve. To speak with a lawyer about your accident for free, call 888-711-9460 or request a consultation online now.