Decide If You Wish to File a Claim After a Free, First Meeting with a Tallahassee Hospital Negligence Attorney
Hospitals and emergency rooms are supposed to be safe places where patients can get the care they need to recover. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Mistakes in hospitals and emergency rooms are common, and they leave many patients facing life-altering or life-threatening consequences.
If you believe that you or a loved one may be a victim of hospital or ER negligence in Tallahassee, you should talk to a medical malpractice lawyer about your legal rights. All health care providers owe a duty of care. While there is some room for error in the hospital and ER settings, many mistakes fall below what is acceptable. At Searcy Denney, our lawyers can evaluate the circumstances surrounding your (or your loved one’s) care; and, if you have a claim for medical malpractice, we can fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
Common Examples of Hospital and ER Negligence
Hospital and ER negligence can take many different forms. Triage errors, diagnostic errors, recordkeeping mistakes, delays in treatment and errors during treatment can all potentially support claims for medical malpractice in Tallahassee. Our lawyers handle cases involving all forms of hospital and ER negligence, including:
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Failure to identify risk factors or complications
- Failure to monitor prior to, during or after treatment
- Failure to order lab work, x-rays or other tests
- Failure to provide a timely and accurate diagnosis
- Failure to provide timely and appropriate treatment
- Medical record mix-ups and other recordkeeping mistakes
- Medication errors
- Surgery and anesthesia errors
- Facility cleaning and sanitation issues
- Understaffing and/or hiring untrained staff
- Other hospital and ER administration errors
Steps to Pursuing a Claim Against a Tallahassee Healthcare Fa2cility
There are several steps involved in pursuing a claim for hospital or ER negligence in Tallahassee. When you choose Searcy Denney to represent you, our medical malpractice lawyers will:
- Review your medical records from the hospital or ER. The information contained in your medical records will help us determine if you could have a claim for hospital or ER negligence.
- Help you seek treatment from a qualified specialist in Tallahassee. We can help you find a qualified specialist in Tallahassee, and we will work with your new doctor to gather additional evidence in support of your medical malpractice claim.
- Calculate the Costs of Your Health Care Provider’s Mistake. In order to seek just compensation on your behalf, we will calculate the full financial and non-financial costs of the hospital’s or ER’s negligence.
- Pursue a Medical Malpractice Claim Against the Hospital or ER. We will use the available evidence to seek maximum compensation for the hospital’s or ER’s negligence. Our lawyers will work to negotiate a favorable settlement with the hospital’s or ER’s insurance company, and they will take your case to court if necessary.
Schedule a Free Consultation about Your Hospital or ER Negligence Claim
If you have questions about filing a claim for hospital or ER negligence in Tallahassee, we encourage you to contact us right away. To speak with a medical malpractice lawyer at Searcy Denney in confidence, call 888-549-7011 or request a free consultation online now.