What is the Most Dangerous Intersection in Tallahassee? Our Experienced Tallahassee Accident Lawyer Offers Some Insight
Not surprisingly, accidents of all types frequently occur at intersections in Tallahassee. With cars, trucks, bicycles, pedestrians, and other traffic crossing and turning at different speeds, it may be a wonder that anyone gets through an intersection safely.
That is especially true of certain dangerous intersections. A Tallahassee accident lawyer, unfortunately, sees how a few factors can make some intersections particularly hazardous.
Factors That Increase the Danger at Intersections
An accident lawyer in Tallahassee often needs to investigate the cause of collisions involving cars and other vehicles, as well as pedestrians and bicyclists. While there are some causes, such as distracted driving, that affect drivers on all parts of the road, other factors significantly impact intersections. Elements that can make one intersection in Tallahassee more dangerous than another include:
- The overall amount of traffic regularly passing through the intersection.
- The quantity of traffic all traveling at different speeds. A mix of fast and slow vehicles or pedestrians creates greater potential for collisions.
- The overall rate of speed. Greater speeds can increase the severity of accident injuries.
- The number of lanes. More lanes make an intersection larger and increase the potential for collisions.
- Visibility. When obstructions, curves, hills, or other factors reduce visibility leading up to or in an intersection, motorists may not detect others until it is too late to avoid impact.
- The potential for loss of control. Intersections located at the bottom of a hill or other places where motorists are more likely to lose control in wet weather can be much more of a hazard.
When two or more of these factors combine, an intersection could be considered one of Tallahassee’s most dangerous.
How Does a Florida Intersection Get Rated “Most Dangerous”?
Nature does not label one particular animal or type of storm as the “most dangerous.” Instead, to rate the most dangerous, people look at the number of injuries or the severity of injuries or even the potential for harm.
The same applies to intersections in Tallahassee. To rate the most dangerous, a Tallahassee accident lawyer could look at the number of accidents in total, the number of accidents with injuries, or review which intersections are the site of the most severe injuries and fatalities. These figures may or may not take the rate of traffic into account.
So, Which Tallahassee Intersections are the Most Dangerous?
According to the Tallahassee Democrat, the most dangerous intersections in Tallahassee include two at Monroe Street, three at Apalachee Parkway, and four at Tennessee Street. In many years, traffic statistics show West Tennessee Street and Ocala Road having the greatest total number of accidents, but the intersections at Tennessee and Monroe, West Tharpe and High Road, and Tennessee Street and High Road also usually have a high accident count. Frankly, it can be hard to narrow it down to a single most dangerous intersection. They all put drivers and passengers at risk.
Talk to a Knowledgeable Tallahassee Accident Lawyer if You are the Victim of a Crash at a Dangerous Intersection
Dangerous actions, rather than dangerous conditions, are often the cause of accidents that lead to severe injuries. If you suffered harm in an accident caused by another person’s lack of responsibility, talk to a knowledgeable Tallahassee accident lawyer to find out whether you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries. For a free case evaluation and consultation, contact us now.